Picture Credit: wwe.com
Last night WWE celebrated their 1000th episode of RAW. RAW originated from the Grand Ballroom at Manhattan Center Studios, a small New York City theater, and first aired first aired on January 11, 1993, and aired live each week. Here are my thoughts…
- Great opening with Degeneration X. Reminded one of what is missing from today’s shows like wiating for something like Road Dogg’s intros. Including Damian Sandow, really a Smackdown talent, meant to me that this was someone that WWE thought highly of. Will have to watch his progression.
- Having The Miz win the Intercontinental Title was a nice touch as it re-elevates him especially with his movie, Marine 3 coming out. As much as I like Christian, there is something missing to me when he wrestles. He just doesnt excite me. Maybe Vince is right about him that he is just not a major star. Having Bret Hart be the ring announcer was nice, just to have him on the show but still a let down as to what he did. Maybe it was just too many people and you cant allocate enough time to each one of them.
- It looks like this was payoff night for several things. Did you really think that the AJ and Daniel Bryan wedding was going to happen smoothly. AJ become the RAW GM was a bit of swerve and we’ll have to see where this goes. However will she actually serve as a GM or only continue to screw Daniel Bryan as this looks like Daniel Brtan’s storyline now (and please no match with Chralie Sheen for SummerSlam as they were teasing.
- Having The Rock announce that he will wrestle for the WWE title at the Royal Rumble was good and builds off the comment that he mentioned on RAW the day after Wrestlemania where he said he wanted to go after the WWE title.
- What bad thing did Jack Swagger do that he is getting squashed all over the place.
- Enough of Brodus Clay in terms of how he is using him. While I’ve enjoyed him in the past, he has to move on to something stronger. His act is finally boring but it was nice to see Dude Love as he was my favorite Mick Foley character in the WWE.
- Lita looked very good but if this was the pay off for Heath Slater, then this was a complete letdown. JBL’s clothesline from hell still looks like it hurts but do you mean they couldnt do anything better?
- Seeing The Undertaker on the show with Kane was great as the Brothers of Destruction took over..
- You wondered what they would do with the John Cena vs C M Punk match. Would they let John Cena be the first person who would suceesfully cash in their Money in the Bank briefcase. Well unfortunately we had a ref bump, We had the Big Show interfere in continuing his feud with Cena. We had Punk not being sure what to do in the situation. The Rock coming in to help Cena was a nice surprise and even a bigger surprise was Punk clotheslining The Rock. What made it even better was the camera angle as you did not see Punk coming back into the ring so it was a bigger surprise as Punk turned heel. This now opens some possibilities. as Puck had to move on, Bryan had to move on, and Big Show needs to move on. So do you now go with Cena vs Punk at SummerSlam and Big Show vs The Rock or do you try Cena and The Rock in a tag team match against The Big Show and C M Punk. Nice ending to the show…
- Biggest Disappointment – No Stone Cold Steve Austin… What, What, What??? Considering how big a role he played, they did have a video montage of him and his feud with Vince, him not being there in person felt like we were missing something….