We we waited long enough by now. We purposely waited until after the new year before we gave our thoughts about Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We figured many of you wouldnt be able to see it until the Christmas/New Years holidays as the showing were being constantly sold out. So what better way for us to to do our first website post for the new year than on on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. If you havent seen the movie yet, the following will allude to some spoilers…..
Was Star Wars: The Force Awakens a great movie? Well here are some quick thoughts:
– Were you excited in seeing the Star Wars banner show up in the middle of the screen when the movie started after so many years?
– Also seeing Star Wars VII in the beginning crawl meant that you were finally on your way.
– It was great to see the old cast: Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Chewie, C3PO and R2-D2 back together again.
– Daisy Ridley is a star. Plain and simple. There is no question about that pure and simple and we cant wait for the future installments.
– BB-8 reminds me of my dog, Scotchie. Cute but always gets into some sort of trouble.
– The Force Awakens is too much like New Hope
- There is a main trio: Poe Dameron, Finn, and Rey versus Luke, Leia, and Han
- Menacing black clothed figure Kylo Ren ad compared to Darth Vader. They even both betrayed their teachers.
- A droid holds the main secret: R2-D2 in New Hope and BB-8 in The Force Awakens
- Another Death Star (ok this time it was called the Starkiller Base but it was still the same thing)
- Of course we needed an X-Wing to make a shot to destroy the base in both movies
- Han’s and Obi-Won’s death by the main bad guy.
- The Emperor and Supreme Leader Snoke
– Wasnt this as good of a Han Solo solo movie as you wished one would be. Harrison Ford did a heck of a job in this movie
So was The Force Awakens any good? Yes it was. It brought back your earlier days, really re-booted the franchise and made you want to see more which is the main thing any movie should do.
The only thing we hope for is the Star Wars VIII does not copy The Empire Strikes Back like this one copied New Hope so much. But you know in a way it does as the bad guys have to get their mojo back and lead it to a tremendous conclusion in Episode IX.
In any case, we’re in for the ride and cant wait until the next installment.
So always remember …. “May The Force Be With You”.