Spider-Man, Spider-Man, let’s bring some fun back to Spider-Man…. and they did!!!
Spider-Man: Homecoming brings to the main screen the Spidey you all know and love from the comics. The wise cracking, light-hearted Spider-Man is brought to life by Tom Holland who actually does a great job in expressing the emotions that a normal nerdy high school kid would have. That’s the main thing. He’s played like a high school kid. I actually had to go look up Tom Holland’s age afterwards just to see how old he actually was (21).
While giving way no spoilers …..
- Robert Downey Jr does a great job again as Tony Stark / Iron Man being a mentor / father figure to Peter Parker.
- Aunt May seems to be getting younger all the time from Rosemary Harris to Sally Field to Marisa Tomei.
- Michael Keaton still knows how to play in the superhero genre. His role will be a role you will remember.
- There is a lot of Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan in this movie but it’s a good role.
- Great twist comes about 2/3rds of the way into the movie. Never expected it
- Marisa Tomei gets her “My Cousin Vinny” moment in the very last scene of the movie. LOL
- Zendaya as Michelle played out very well. Interesting and very deep and just plain fun. Another person who is more than they seem to be 😉
- There are two after movie scenes: The first seems to set up a future movie while the second, after all the credits are done, is probably something that WE ALL truly deserved. In the end, you will get a good laugh out of it….
You will enjoy Spider-Man: Homecoming. It’s interesting but most of all it’s fun.
So maybe the third time is the charm because Sony/Marvel’s collaboration got it right!
So far this year we have had Logan, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, Wonder Woman, and now Spider-Man: Homecoming. Not a bad one in the bunch so far.
So what has been your favorite this year?
Note: The poster in this post is what Cinemark gave out opening night for Spider-Man: Homecoming